Carteret County’s Board of Commissioners meets at 6 pm on the third Monday of every month in the Commissioners’ Boardroom at the county courthouse.
The public is invited to attend and/or sign up for public comment before each meeting. You can also watch the livestream online (scroll to bottom).
Table of Contents
2020 Real Property Revaluation Presentation
Sarah Davis of the county tax department will present a proposed schedule of values for next year’s real estate revaluation. The proposed schedule is not included in the agenda. A public hearing will be held at next month’s BoC meeting, Oct. 21. A link to the materials will be available on the counties website before the hearing.
East Taylor’s Creek Dredging Agreement
Shore Protection Manager Rudi Rudolph requests approval by the board of an agreement between the county and Atlantic Veneer to “realign East Taylor’s Creek to its approximate former location and to concurrently widen and deepen the channel to match the remaining portion of the Taylor’s Creek.” If approved, permits are expected to be in place by Spring 2020 and construction can begin after. Dredged material will be deposited at one or more areas on Atlantic Veneer property, and AV would then own the dredged material. Grant funds are helping pay for the project.
- Fiscal Year 2021 NC Dept. of Transportation Grants: Approval of the board is requested for the county manager to apply for grants to help fund the Carteret County Area Transportation System (CCATS)
- Rezoning: The owner of 10 acres at the northeast corner of Hwy 24 and Nine Mile Rd. in Newport requests rezoning from R-20 (Single-Family Residential) and B-1 (General Business) to all B-1
- Request for Approval – $27,930 Budget Amendment to add fiber for a tower in South River to fix radio coverage area gaps for first responders
- Request for Approval – Declare October 6, 2019, as “Commercial Fishing Day” in Carteret County
- Appointments – Adult Home Community Advisory Board; Carteret Community College Consolidated Human Services Board; Senior Center Advisory Board; Town of Morehead City Board of Adjustment
- Presentation – Demorris Thomas of the UC Census Bureau will give a presentation on the 2020 Census and request the county’s partnership in the counting process
Only some agenda items are discussed above. See the full agenda here (PDF download)