The Carteret County Board of Education is seeking to fill one position on the Carteret Community College Board of Trustees. The position to be filled is the unexpired term of the late Terry Frank, which will end June 20, 2020.
Individuals interested in being considered by the Board of Education for appointments to the College Board of Trustees should submit a letter of interest by 5 p.m. October 22, 2019. That letter should be addressed to Superintendent’s Office, 107 Safrit Drive, Beaufort, NC 28516.
The Trustee appointment will be made at the November 6, 2019, Board of Education meeting.
In the letter of interest, individuals should include:
- Name and address of residence
- Past and present connection with the Carteret County Public School System
- Past and present connection with Carteret Community College
- Educational background
- Occupation and career highlights
- Reason of interest in the appointment
- Support that can be made as a trustee
Employees of the Carteret County Public School System cannot be considered for appointment. Individuals who are currently employed or have been employed full time by Carteret Community College within the last five years are not eligible for appointment.
Additionally, no child or spouse of a current employee of Carteret Community College can be considered for appointment.