This past weekend 16 students from Eastern Carteret schools participated in the two-day All-District Band Clinic and concert held by the NC Bandmasters Association, Eastern District, in Greenville.
Students had to audition at the district level, which covers all schools east of Interstate 95, before being chosen to attend.
At the clinic, students learned about different rehearsal and practice techniques in preparing a variety of challenging musical literature.
One of the participating students, Christian Thomas-Smith of East Carteret, is qualified to audition for the All-State Honors Band next month.
All-District Band participants from Eastern Carteret schools included:
East Carteret High School
Band Director: Ashley Wright
- Christian Thomas-Smith, 3rd chair trumpet in 9/10 Band
- Kyle Coleman, 7th chair french horn in 9/10 Band.
- Gabe Mayo, 5th chair trombone in 9/10 Band.
- Donivan Carter, 3rd chair percussion in 9/10 Band.
- Mackenzie O’Donnell, 19th chair clarinet in 11/12 Band.
Down East Middle School
Band Director: Daniel Collins
- Carleigh Willis, 3rd chair clarinet in Concert Band.
- Kristen Styron, 3rd chair bass clarinet in Symphonic Band.
Beaufort Middle School
Band Director: Joe McCreary
- Immanuel Schurdevin, 7th chair flute in Concert Band.
- Lillian Piner, 12th chair flute in Concert Band.
- Sarah Salter, 6th chair clarinet in Concert Band.
- Lily Weippert, 9th chair clarinet in Concert Band
- Maddie Lindenmuth, 14th chair clarinet in Concert Band.
- Rylee Tosto, 1st chair tenor saxophone in Concert Band.
- Aralyn Schurdevin, 14th chair clarinet in Symphonic Band.
- Kate Guthrie, 7th chair trumpet in Symphonic Band.
- Adam Fagiano, 4th chair euphonium in Symphonic Band.
Students from West Carteret, Croatan, Broad Creek Middle, Morehead Middle and Newport Middle also took part in the clinic. View the full list here.
The North Carolina Bandmasters Association, Eastern District, is a division of the North Carolina Bandmasters Association. The NCBA Eastern District works to advance the cause and development of school band programs in Eastern North Carolina.